Chicken burger is definitely one from many choices on the menu board in our favorite fast food join. The thing is, most fast food joins use breast for their chicken burger. Not everyone loves the chicken breast. Chicken breast is rather bland (It tastes like chicken though, but quite boring) and not as juicy as other parts.
This time we took chicken burger a step juicier than other chicken burger by replacing chicken breast with boneless chicken thigh. And the crispy tender and juicy chicken burger was born! We assemble the juicy chicken burger with spicy mayo to spice up the burger. Oh, and you may notice that this isn’t the average chicken burger. We didn’t use burger buns, because we had plenty leftover of English muffins. But, it tastes perfect either with burger buns or English muffins. You can call it chicken burger or chicken sandwich and have it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, it’s up to you!
So this how we make this crispy super tender and juicy chicken burger (or sandwich).
- 3 boneless chicken thighs
- 250 gr plain flour (150 gr dry batter, 100 gr wet batter)
- 150 ml water
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 3 hamburger buns
- your choice of sauce & toppings (we use cheddar and spicy mayo in the picture)
- optional: a couple drips of lime juice
- mix 150 gr flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt, & pepper in a large bowl for dry batter and 100 gr flour & water in a smaller bowl for wet batter.
- Dip the chicken in the wet batter first and then into the dry batter.
- Heat the oil over a medium high heat. Fry until golden brown.
- Rest the chicken for 5 min.
- While waiting, toast the buns and prep the toppings.
- put the bun, chicken, your choice of sauce & toppings together.
This recipe serves for three portions. Have a nice Sunday trying this out!