This Italian classic is one of the easiest meal ever. It feeds lots of people with less amount of effort and of course, money. Basic tomato sauce is also a go to recipe when you have no time but you still want to eat something homemade.
- 500g minced Beef
- 1tbsp Ketchup
- Handfull Flat leaf parsley
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp Hot sauce (Tabasco, sriracha, ABC)
- 1 medium/small Egg
- 2 hand full Breadcrumbs
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix with hand until all combined.
- Form the meat into a bite-sized ball (smaller than golf ball).
- Heat a pan with clog of olive oil over a medium heat. Put the meatball into the pan.
- Fry until crust is formed. (Don’t forget to turn the balls!)
- Turn off the heat, place the meatball on a plate and set aside.
Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1 tin Chopped tomato
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium to small Onion
- handfull Fresh basil
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Over a medium heat put 2-3 tbsp of olive oil into a large pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic until they all soft and fragrant.
- Pour the tinned tomato into the pan. Mix well.
- Refill half of the tin with water, and shake it. Make sure that you got all the tomato juice. Pour it into the pan, add ketchup and mix it well.
- Season with salt, pepper, fresh basil and sugar.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put your prepared meatball into the pan. And let it simmer until the meatballs are cooked through. (15-20 minutes)