You have most probably heard about Chili con Carne – the in Texas state originated dish from the 19 century which consisted of beef, tomato and beans. It is a simple, basic stew and a very easy one to make without involving rare ingredients or complicated cooking.
In this recipe however, we remove the use of the beef and replace it by adding more other consisting ingredients like beans, corn and onion. It’s vegan friendly, delicious and easy. Here’s how:
1 chopped Red Onion,
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Fresh Chilli
1 cubed Red Pepper
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 cup cooked Chickpeas
1 cup cooked Red Kidney Beans
1 cup cooked Sweetcorn
Salt & Pepper
- Over a medium heat put 2-3 tbsp of olive oil into a large pan.
- Fry the onion, garlic, chilli, and red pepper until soft and fragrant.
- Add ground cumin and cayenne pepper
- Pour the chopped tomatoes and let it cooked for a minute
- Put all the beans and corn and season with salt & pepper
- Serve with flatbread or rice, add nachos if you like.